If the guest wishes to cancel a confirmed booking, written notice of cancellation must be sent to BaliOn. All cancellation notices received by BaliOn will be acknowledged in writing. It is strongly recommended that the Guest and all members of the guest’s party purchase trip cancellation insurance.
Cancellation of a booking includes but is not limited to:
- Cancellation of one or more days of a booking;
- An amendment of a booking so that none of the dates of the booking once amended fall within the same dates that originally constituted the booking;
- Failure of all Guests to provide the required documentation on arrival (eg. Passports or suitable identification); and
- Attempt by the Guest, their party or visitors to hold an event at the Property in breach of these Terms and Conditions or breach of any rules applicable to the Guest’s chosen Property.
In the event that the Guest cancels a confirmed booking, the following cancellation fees will generally apply:
- 50% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 30 and 60 days before the start of the rental period.
- 100% of the total rental amount will be forfeited if the cancellation is made between 1 and 29 days before the start of the rental period.
The applicable amount will be deducted from the deposit and moneys paid, and BaliOn will refund any remaining balance.
In the unlikely event that BaliOn is unable for any reason (including the sale of a property and force majeure) to provide the Guest with the Property booked by the Guest, BaliOn reserves the right to transfer the Guest and their party to an alternative Property of the similar type and value, in consultation with the Guest. If the price of the substituted Property is less than the original booking, the difference will be reimbursed to the Guest. If the price of the substituted Property is higher than the original booking, the difference may be charged to the Guest. If, however, after considerable effort by BaliOn, no alternative of similar type and value is available and / or no agreement can be reached between the Guest and BaliOn, then either BaliOn or the Guest may opt to cancel the booking and this Rental Contract. In that event, BaliOn will refund the Guest all monies paid, without further compensation.